Rich Cronin Signs Up For Match.com:Hot and Latest News
Your Ad Here

Rich Cronin Signs Up For Match.com


Rich Cronin tells the Boston Herald’s Inside Track he’s signed on to Match.com to find love. “There was a time when I could get any girl I wanted,” the former LFO singer said. “But I knew it was a false reality. I never felt ‘This is what I deserve’. I was aware I was a very lucky guy. I knew it was gonna be short-lived and I should enjoy it while I could.”
So now, after LFO’s 2003 split and an ugly breakup with his girlfriend, Cronin is turning to the internet. “I don’t go out anymore. I don’t go to clubs or bars or do anything,” he said. “A bunch of my friends have tried it and some of them have met some cool people, so I figured I’d give it a week or two.” The article at bostonherald.com has since been archived.

Rich Cronin (born Richard Burton Cronin, on August 30, 1975) is a singer and songwriter best known as the lead singer and primary songwriter for the American pop group LFO.

Born and raised outside of Boston, at age 15, Rich Cronin began writing songs to instrumental tracks.

I have a foundation called “The Rich Cronin Hope Foundation. My friend Joey Furtardo brought a mix tape from NYC to my house and when I heard the songs I was hooked.

As soon as LFO disbanded in 2002, three years after striking gold with the song ”Summer Girls,” Cronin hoped to release a solo album, but lawsuits with managers over royalties and publishing interests kept getting in the way.

Rich has been very busy these days battling Leukemia, while at the same time searching for a band to promote his new original music….now that’s dedication!

From writing what was intended to be a scrapbook of teenage memories for his friends, to blowing up the pop music world, Cronin’s seemingly overnight success is really the result of hard work and perseverance.

Brought into the studio by a DJ friend who labeled him ‘the lyte funkie one,’ burning embers were fanned to flames and LFO was born.

A bone marrow sample revealed that he had acute myelogenous leukemia, which most often afflicts adults over the age of 60, says Cronin’s oncologist Dr. Robin Joyce.

Inspired by artists such as Run DMC and Slick Rick, New Edition and New Kids on the Block, Cronin set out to make his mark on your FM dial; and so he did.

In 2006, Rich Cronin teamed up with friend Doug Ray a/k/a “Toothpick”, former emcee from the rap group Bad Ronald to form Loose Cannons and record Life Goes On, the debut album by the duo.

LFO, N’SYNC and Backstreet all toured together over there for about 3 years off and on.

LFO was best known for the 1 hit ‘Summer Girls’ (a/k/a the Abercrombie and Fitch Song) and top 5 single ‘Girl on TV.’ Both songs, along with all of the music on the double platinum selling group’s follow up album ‘Life is Good’ were penned by Cronin.

Brought into the studio by a DJ friend who labeled him “the lyte funkie one,” burning embers were fanned to flames and LFO was born.

In 2005, Rich was ready to launch his solo career when he was sidetracked by a diagnosis of acute myelogenous leukemia which returned him from Orlando to his native South Shore Boston hometown.

Sources:
[1] Rich Cronin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[2] Rich Cronin - About
[3] SouthShoreMuse.com - Rich Cronin
[4] Rich Cronin’s comeback - The Boston Globe

Comments :

0 comments to “Rich Cronin Signs Up For Match.com”

Post a Comment