American Idol Contestants Kris Allen & Adam Lambert First Press Conference:Hot and Latest News
Your Ad Here

American Idol Contestants Kris Allen & Adam Lambert First Press Conference

The remaining contestants of American Idol season 8 Adam Lambert and Kris Allen had their first press conference at the Nokia Theater yesterday. The question that was everybody mind if Adam was straight or gay wasn't even asked (shocker), guess they won't "reveal" it yet till the season is over cause they don't want to "ruin" his image to young girls yet but we already know he's gay. When Adam was asked if he wanted to give out anymore secrets about Kris, he said there is nothing else to tell. Why is it all about Adam and not Kris. I hate how the press is throwing Kris under the bus when he is the better one out of the two and will be successful when the season is over. Anyways, check out the interview they did at the Nokia theater yesterday below courtesy of E online.

Kris, there's been talk that since you are active in your church, that the Christian vote is helping you. What do you think of it?
Kris Allen: I hope that having the Christian vote does not help with anything. I hope it has to do with the talent and the performance that you give. It's not about religion and all that kind of stuff.
Adam Lambert: This is a singing competition, not a church thing.

Kris: Yeah, totally.
Adam: I would hope people vote based on what they like to hear. I don't think it has anything to do with your religious background, what color you are, gender. It doesn’t have anything to do with that.

Do you have any pre-show rituals leading up to the big night?
Adam: Just get some sleep, which has been tough. We both are used to a lot lower pressure situations…a little bit. I think we're both really excited.
Kris: I'm just gonna spend a little bit of time alone and make sure that I'm focused.

Adam, what did you think of Katy Perry putting your name on her cape last week?
Adam: Oh wow, I mean, I'm a huge Katy Perry fan so that was really cool to see my name. I don't know. She might have been making a double reference to Elvis. I don't know what she was doing. It was very clever. And, it was incredibly flattering. It made my night.

Adam, a lot has been made about your professional experience. What do you think about it and Kris, what do you think about how much experience Adam has come into this with?
Adam: Well, um, this isn't theater. So I don't really see how it affects it at all. I mean, obviously I've had experience onstage performing, but so has Kris just in different venues. Kris has worked with a band. I've worked in theater. We both have experience. I think the thing that is really cool about this competition is that it's an equal opportunity situation. It doesn't matter. The only rule that is set up is that you cannot be in a recording contract. And, American Idol has played by those rules and so have we.
Kris: He's done the theater thing…and, me, I've had as much experience as he has just not in Wicked.

How do you protect your voices before two big shows like these?
Kris: Don't talk too much and don't sing too much right now.
Adam: I think during rehearsals we try not to push it. We're kind of holding back a bit for rehearsals.
Kris: Texting more than talking on the phone.
Adam: On our AT&T phones. [Laughs]

Do you have any superstitions going into the finale?
Kris: I don't, personally. Just make sure that I'm focused. That's it for me.
Adam: I'm not very superstitious either. The one thing I will say for me is that I try to think all in positives, nothing negative. Positive thought is really powerful. Like we said a million times, Kris and I are friends. At this point, we both feel like we've already won. We've arrived. We've gotten to the finales. We get to do a great show tomorrow and on Wednesday. We're just going to enjoy it.

On a scale of 1-10, how nervous are you?
Adam: Five.
Kris: Five or six.
Adam: I'll get more nervous right before.
Kris: Yeah, tomorrow we'll be like 10.

How do you size each other up?
Adam: We're just very different types of artists. And at this point, it's not about out-singing each other. It's not like a direct competition; it's about both of us staying really true to what we do.
Kris: For me, I'm not going to go out there and out-sing Adam. We are two totally different artists. I do my thing and he does his thing. And, it's whoever America votes for.

Simon recently commented on an old photo of you Adam when you were blond and said if you hadn't changed your hair to dark, you might not be where you are right now. What do you think of that?
Adam: My hair has been every color I can think of. I just like to change it up. There's blue in it right now. That's really interesting. Maybe if I was blond I wouldn't have done as well. Who knows?
Kris: And, maybe if I was blond I wouldn't have done as well?

What is your next day going to be like?
Adam: I'm going to get a really big room service breakfast. I'm gonna get a really good breakfast. Do it up right, Hollandaise sauce, the whole nine yards.

What's the best advice you've received and where do you get your strength, courage and confidence for tomorrow?
Adam: One of the biggest constructive pieces of criticism I got was from Kara [DioGuardi] who was like, 'it's great and there's no question about your voice and you look great. But, I just don't believe it.' And, so something that I've taken to heart from early in the competition is to really come into it emotionally and try to make it come from a real place. And, that's actually something that with theater that I had to kind of break my habits with. Everybody goes, 'Oh. He has an advantage because he's in theater.' It's a totally different thing than theater. You're playing to a giant audience in front of you. There's no camera up in your face. So, one of the big things I had to do was kind of turn it around and approach my material differently and make it real and make it come from my heart.
Kris: Probably the Simon [Cowell] [comments] about him giving me so much more confidence because I think at the very, very beginning of the competition I was comparing myself to everyone else and [saying] 'I don't know if I can sing like that' or 'I'm not like that person.' And, so I didn't really believe I could win it.

You guys are friends. What's a little known fact that Adam knows about Kris and Kris knows about Adam?
Adam: I think everybody knows everything now. It's kind of like everything's cracked open. I don't know if there [are] any more secrets.
Kris: We've done press before and I've talked about Adam's nail polish in the bathroom and stuff.
Adam: I've got a very messy bathroom situation. Kris has like three products and I have like every one I can get my hands on.

Source..

Comments :

0 comments to “American Idol Contestants Kris Allen & Adam Lambert First Press Conference”

Post a Comment