Super Bowl Q&A: Darnell Stapleton:Hot and Latest News
Your Ad Here

Super Bowl Q&A: Darnell Stapleton


Darnell Stapleton

Ht./Wt.: 6-3/305

Position: Right offensive guard

College: Rutgers

Notable: Since Stapleton signed with the Steelers on draft day of 2007 and made his NFL debut against Houston earlier this season, he has made 14 consecutive starts on the oft-scrutinized offensive line. A finalist for the Rimington Award as the nation's top center coming out of Rutgers, he has helped the Steelers' running game come back to life in recent weeks, especially against San Diego in the AFC divisional round of the playoffs when running back Willie Parker ran for 146 yards and two touchdowns on 27 carries.

Stapleton took some time in between Super Bowl preparation to answer a few questions.

If you were NFL commissioner for a day, what would you change?

I think I would shorten the season, probably by five games maybe, and start the playoffs earlier.

What is your favorite sports movie?

That's tough. I like "Remember the Titans," I like "Any Given Sunday," I like "Love and Basketball." I usually lean toward all good sports movies, "Miracle," they're all good.

If someone made a movie about you, what actor would play you?

Hmm. I don't know. You tell me. I would have to say Chris Kemoeatu because he knows me so well and he has great acting abilities.

How many cars do you own?

One. Just one. That's all I need right now.

Do you follow any other Pittsburgh sports teams?

Last year, I did follow the Penguins when they had their nice little run. I have been to a handful of Pirates games. I try to follow other sports.

What is the toughest part about playing your position?

A lot of people think it's just all physical, but I think there's a lot of mental stuff that goes into playing offensive line. You can't just go out there and try to tee off on somebody. You have to be able to understand the concept of the play and how it's supposed to be run.

Source : http://www.pittsburghlive.com

Comments :

0 comments to “Super Bowl Q&A: Darnell Stapleton”

Post a Comment