Framed Documents #029: Breaker Morant:Hot and Latest News
Your Ad Here

Framed Documents #029: Breaker Morant


Lieutenant Handcock (Bryan Brown) composes a last letter to his wife from the condemned cell in Breaker Morant:

Dear Polly

I have but an hour [...] cast and altho my brain [...] for four long weary months I [...] from wanting you a few last [...] going to find out the grand secret [...] will face my God with the firm belief [...] innocent of murder and I obeyed my orders [...] and served my King as I thought best.

If I over steped [sic] my duty I can only ask my People & country for forgiveness.

Take care of little Allison for me at all costs. They You were my greatest comforts [sic] at home & my greatest trouble now. I hope my country will see my children cared for. I will die brave for the sake of all. God forgive any enemys [sic]. I give you peace for ever. I have not heard if my brother Eugene was killed in the wretched war or not. But if not tell him [...] will I have gone to rest. Tell Willie & Peter to be good to their sister. God be with you in your trouble.

Your loving husband

Peter Handcock

Source..

Comments :

0 comments to “Framed Documents #029: Breaker Morant”

Post a Comment