James Kirkland remains undefeated with TKO of Julio in 6th round:Hot and Latest News
Your Ad Here

James Kirkland remains undefeated with TKO of Julio in 6th round

James Kirkland remained unbeaten when his brutal 154-pound fight with Joel Julio was stopped after the sixth round Saturday night due to a cut near Julio’s right eye. Victor Ortiz also stopped Mike Arnaoutis midway through the second round of their 140-pound bout, but the raucous San Jose crowd didn’t get to see much of hometown favorite Robert Guerrero. His bout with Daud Yordan was declared a no-decision midway through the second round when an accidental head-butt opened a serious cut over Guerrero’s right eye, limiting his vision.

kirkland_nc
“I’m so disappointed,” said Guerrero, the former featherweight champ who hadn’t fought this close to his Gilroy, Calif., home since 2006. “I was cut, and I couldn’t see anything. I was doing good, and felt I was getting a lot of body shots in. I was here in front of my hometown fans. This feels (terrible). I came to fight and train hard.” In the main event, Kirkland (25-0, 22 KOs) and Julio provided the action expected from two hard punchers with little regard for defense, peppering each other in several back-and-forth sequences. Although Julio (34-3) was more accurate early, Kirkland showed the perseverance that makes him one of the sport’s top prospects. - From USA Today

Source..

Comments :

0 comments to “James Kirkland remains undefeated with TKO of Julio in 6th round”

Post a Comment