Christian Bale apologises for "inexcusable" Terminator rant:Hot and Latest News
Your Ad Here

Christian Bale apologises for "inexcusable" Terminator rant

CHRISTIAN Bale has described his foul-mouthed tirade against a co-worker on the set of Terminator Salvation as “inexcusable” and has apologised.

The actor made the apology on US alternative radio station KROQ days after his rant was leaked onto the internet and became a tabloid sensation.

Speaking to co-presenters Kevin Ryder and Gene “Bean” Baxter, Bale said he he had “acted like a punk” and had taken things too far in the heat of the moment.

He added: “I was out of order beyond belief. I make no excuses for it.”

Batman star Bale launched into his three-minute tirade on the Terminator set when a crew member in charge of the film’s photography walked into his eye-line during a take.

The outburst included the use of the F-word 35 times and was leaked to gossip website TMZ. It also finds Bale demanding that the offending person be removed from the production, shouting: “You and me, we’re done professionally.”

Terminator distributor Sony Pictures has refused to comment on the scandal that has since erupted, even though directors such as Darren Aronofsky, of The Wrestler fame, have leapt to the star’s defence.

But Bale broke ranks to phone the LA-based radio station himself to apologise, adding: “The thing that disturbs me so much is that I’ve heard a lot of people saying that I seem to think that I’m better than anybody else.

“Nothing could be further from the truth. I am a very lucky and that is why I put so much into what I do, and why I care so much about it and why sometimes my enthusiasm just goes awry.”

Terminator Salvation finds Bale playing the main character, John Connor, as he battles to save humanity from robots.

The scene in question involved Bale’s character, John Connor, and Bryce Dallas Howard, who plays his wife, and – according to Bale – involved “trying to convey” the madness his character had inherited from his mother, Sarah Connor.

But he admitted that he “completely mixed up fact and fiction”, explaining: “I’m half John Connor, I’m half Christian there.”

Bale subsequently insisted that his threats about getting the co-worker fired were “hot air” and that the two had since made up.

“That very day we kept working for a number of hours,” he observed. “And we worked together for at least a month after that. There is no problem whatsoever.

“I’ve seen a rough cut of the movie and he has done a wonderful job. It looks fantastic.”

Terminator Salvation, directed by McG, is due to open in UK cinemas on June 5. But is due for a US release in May.


Source..

Comments :

0 comments to “Christian Bale apologises for "inexcusable" Terminator rant”

Post a Comment